At Pinner High School, uniform is worn to promote a formal, professional impression, and to encourage students to take pride in their appearance and the way this represents our community. Full uniform must be worn at all times, including on the way to and from school.
Pinner High School uniform
● PHS blazer*
● Plain white revere collar blouse or PHS tie* and plain white buttoned up square collared shirt
● Plain black trousers or skirt
Black trousers; single pleat or flat front; skinny fit/fashion trousers are not permitted; trousers must not be stretch, denim, cord, cotton chino-style or combat trousers
Skirt: must sit on or below the knee; tailored cut and fabric, not skinny fit or stretch fabric
● Plain black shoes
No plimsolls, canvas, trainers, boots or steel toe caps; trainers or look-alike trainers are not permitted; no coloured laces.
● Plain black socks or plain black/natural tights
● PHS jumper or cardigan* (optional)
● PHS scarf* (optional)
● Grey, Navy, Black coat & hat (optional and not to be worn inside school)
● PHS short sleeved polo shirt*
● PHS long-sleeved reversible top*
● PHS shorts*
● PHS sports socks* for winter outdoor sport; short white socks may be worn for indoor lessons and in the summer
● PHS sweatshirt (optional)
● Black tracksuit trousers (optional)
● Sports footwear
Eg football boots, outdoor trainers, indoor trainers (with non-marking soles) as appropriate
● Protective accessories Eg shin pads for contact sports, mouth guards for hockey and rugby, as appropriate
Please note that students will be required to wear their PE kit during all PE lessons even if they are unable to participate due to an injury or parental note. In such circumstances, students will be given an active role in the lesson, such as officiating or coaching, so they are still able to benefit from the learning. If students do not bring in their own kit, one will be provided.
● No t-shirts/undershirts that can be seen under a shirt/blouse
● Head scarves/hair bands must be plain, dark colours
● No signs, slogans or brand names
● No denim/leather/leather look jackets
● No caps, bandanas or other headwear which is not either part of uniform or worn for religious reasons
● No badges apart from school badges
● No hoodies
● No tattoos; tattoos are illegal for under 18s
● No jewellery except a single pair of small stud ear-rings and a wrist watch
● Hair must be of a natural colour, be worn clear off the face and not cut or styled in an extreme way.
● Make must be subtle; long, false eyelashes are not permitted
● Nails must be of a short, practical length and a plain, natural colour; false and decorated nails are not permitted.
All matters of uniform, dress and appearance will be considered in a way that upholds the intention of uniform to promote a positive formal, professional impression, and to encourage students to take pride in their appearance and the way this represents our community. The final decision about any matter of uniform lies with the school.
Students with incorrect or missing uniform will be loaned school uniform for the day where possible; the form tutor will contact the parent/guardian to purchase new uniform.
Items marked with * must be purchased from one of the suppliers below.
Uniform is stocked at Angels, 317 Rayners Lane, Pinner, HA5 5EH. The telephone number at Angels is 0208 866 9972, email: email@example.com. You can order online www.angelsuniforms.co.uk Our school code at Angels is 168. The price list is below.
Uniform is also stocked by Kevins School Wear, 104 Marsh Road, Pinner HA5 5NA. The telephone number is 0208 866 7208.
Pre-loved uniform is available from the school. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.