Harrow Academies Trust
Pinner High School is part of Harrow Academies Trust (company number 09026369), which is a charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales. The academy trust was established by local high schools (who are the members) in order to establish Pinner High School and also Harrow View Primary School (which is a new primary school that will be established as part of the re-development of the Kodak site).
The Board of Trustees is accountable for establishment and success of both schools, working with the Governing Body of Pinner High School (to whom the Board has delegated the majority of decisions). The registered address of the trust is Pinner High School, Beaulieu Drive, HA5 1NB, telephone 0203 096 0769. The Board consists of:
- Janice Howkins (Chair of Trustees) – Chair of Harrow View Primary School LGB
- Andleeb Ahmed– Chair of Pinner High School LGB
- Des Fahy - retired Deputy Commander and Head of Crime in the Metropolitan Police Service. Also on the LGB
- Premal Patel - Managing Director, Catalina UK
- Raj Patel, Headteacher, Pinner High School
The Board of Trustees has established an Audit & Compliance sub-committee, all trustees other than the Chair and Headteacher, are members of this committee.
Documents relating to the Harrow Academies Trust can be found under Academy Trust documents.
Pinner High School Governing Body
Pinner High School has a Governing Body that is responsible for ensuring the school achieves its vision of being an excellent, inclusive school. The Governing Body comprises:
Two governors from local high schools:
- Sue Hammond –Headteacher of Whitmore High School
- Julie Wilkinson –Assistant Headteacher of Nower Hill High School. Julie is the SEND link Governor and Chairs the Students, Standards and Achievement Committee.
Seven community governors who all live locally and have a range of skills and experiences:
- Dr Andleeb Ahmed – Andleeb (Andy) has been a Harrow and Hillingdon GP for 15 years and has children at university, and a son at Pinner High School. She is the Chair of Governors
- Navjeet Kullar- Navjeet (Nav) is a marketing manager with extensive communications experience. Her children are at university and Pinner High School. She is the Vice Chair of Governors.
- Monica Bhandari- Monica is an Associate Professor of Law at UCL with experience in business and the education sector. She is a Governor at another local school and has 2 children at local schools. Joint chair of Finance and Resources Committee.
- Des Fahy - Des was the Deputy Commander and Head of Crime in the Metropolitan Police Service. He is now retired. His 29 years’ experience as a police officer included leading on child safeguarding in the London Borough of Haringey. All of his 4 children have left school now but attended JFK in Hemel Hempstead. He is the Safeguarding Governor.
- Daniel Kay - Daniel works in programme management and strategy for an Investment Bank. Prior to this he worked in consultancy for financial services firms. This is his first role as a school governor. Daniel is joint chair of the Finance and Resources Committee.
- David Chappell
- Richard Hanrahan
Staff governor: Vacant position (staff ballot pending)
Two parent governors:
- Dr. Kerry Day
- Nawaf Ibrahim
The Governing Body of Pinner High School has established the following sub-committees:
Students, Standards and Achievement: Chair - Julie Wilkinson
Finance & Resources: Chair - Monica Bhandari and Daniel Kay
All governors can be contacted via the school. Please email email@example.com
Agendas and minutes for meetings of the trustees, local governing body and sub-committees are available on request.