Closing date: 24th April 2019
Salary: £20,835 FTE Pro rata £17,287 based on 36 hours per week
Contract: Full time; 36 hours per week, permanent
Start date: 1st September 2019 or earlier by negotiation
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 30TH APRIL
Do you want to work for a school whose innovation and passion for teaching has won a string of awards in its first year of opening? At a school which brings life to the motto ‘Inspiring Learning’? Where the learning experience of every child is at the heart of everything we do?
We are looking for an exceptional full time Science Technician who has the highest expectations of both themselves and the students they support, to co-ordinate the use of practical resources and maintain facilities providing assistance, advice and practical support in meeting the needs of the Science curriculum.
If you can provide high quality technical support with heaps of enthusiasm then we can offer you a modern, career advancing opportunity with the chance to work with other exceptional colleagues.
We opened in September 2016 with 150 Y7 students and just 10 teachers! September 2019; we will be 720 students strong with over 40 teachers and near completion of an 18 month £4.2 million refurbishment project. Our Sixth Form opens in 2021.
In our first year alone we have accumulated a haul of awards including the ‘EQ’ equalities award, the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award, a Pearson Teaching Awards Certificate of Excellence and more recently, Prince’s Teaching Institute Mark – an organisation that promotes education for all. In addition, we were delighted to be featured in the Parliamentary Review 2017, showcasing best practice in education nationwide.
As we continue to trailblaze our success, the future for Pinner High School is bright and exciting!
What we can offer:
- Plenty of room for progression, support and development.
- The opportunity to work with a number of skilled professionals across a diverse range of specialties.
- A spacious, well-resourced environment.
- Independent, resilient pupils who take pride in their community and themselves.
- Opportunity for enrichment based training.
What you can offer:
- Proven technical knowledge in all aspects of the job requirements.
- Exceptional organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A sense of urgency with multi-tasking ability.
- Sound judgement and comfortable using own initiative.
- A willingness to expand skill set and actively seek development opportunities to put into practice.
Reasons to work at Pinner High school:
- Excellent CPD opportunities including schools within the Trust across the Borough.
- The opportunity to contribute to extra-curricular activities as part of the ‘Heads Challenge’ scheme – our own Duke of Edinburgh style award.
- The opportunity to work with a supportive, collaborative leadership team, open to new ideas and policies to feed into the school’s growth and development.
- A calm, friendly, and disciplined environment with positive relationships.
- A collaborative approach to building a new school.
If Pinner High School sounds like it is right for you:
- Download the application form, complete and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a personal statement explaining why you want to work with us and why you are the best person for the role.
- CV's strictly not accepted.
Pinner High School and Harrow Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.