Closing date: 3rd February 2019
Salary: £11,253 per year
Contract: 22.5 hours per week; 38 weeks per year; permanent
Start date: February 2019
Do you want to work for a school whose innovation and passion for teaching has won a string of awards in its first year of opening? At a school which brings life to the motto ‘Inspiring Learning’? Where the learning experience of every child is at the heart of everything we do?
We are looking for an exceptional part time Cover Supervisor who has the highest expectations of both themselves and the students they teach. If you provide high quality, innovative teaching support with heaps of enthusiasm then we can offer you a modern, career advancing opportunity with the chance to work with other exceptional colleagues teachers.
We opened in September 2016 with 150 Y7 students and just 20 Support Staff and Teachers! Fast forward to 2019 and we are currently over 500 students strong with 67 employees and still growing while the school completes its third and final phase of a £4.2 million refurbishment project. Our Sixth Form will open in 2021.
In our first year alone we accumulated a haul of awards including the ‘EQ’ equalities award, the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award, a Pearson Teaching Awards Certificate of Excellence and more recently, Prince’s Teaching Institute Mark – an organisation that promotes education for all. In addition, we were delighted to be featured in the Parliamentary Review 2017, showcasing best practice in education nationwide.
As we continue to trailblaze our success, the future for Pinner High School is bright and exciting!
What we can offer:
- Plenty of room for progression, support and development.
- The opportunity to work with a number of skilled professionals across a diverse range of specialties.
- A spacious, well-resourced learning environment.
- Independent, resilient pupils who take pride in their community and themselves.
- Plenty of enrichment based training.
What you can offer:
- A resilient team player with a respectful, supportive, and positive approach.
- Exceptional organisational interpersonal and communication skills.
- A sense of urgency with multi-tasking ability.
- Sound judgement and comfortable using own initiative.
- A willingness to expand skill set and actively seek development opportunities to put into practice.
Reasons to work at Pinner High school:
- Excellent CPD opportunities including schools within the Trust across the Borough.
- Access to the Harrow Collegiate Teaching School Alliance.
- The opportunity to contribute to extra-curricular activities as part of the ‘Heads Challenge’ scheme – our own Duke of Edinburgh style award.
- The opportunity to work with a supportive, collaborative leadership team, open to new ideas and policies to feed into the school’s growth and development.
- A collaborative approach to building a new school.
If Pinner High School sounds like it is right for you:
- Download the application form, complete and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a personal statement explaining why you want to work with us and why you are the best person for the role.
- CV's strictly not accepted.
Pinner High School and Harrow Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.