Closing date: 3rd February 2019
Salary: £27,595 (M1) - £43,348 (U3) FTE Plus TLR: £4,327
Subject Speciality: Spanish
Contract: Full Time; Permanent
Start date: 1st September 2019 or sooner by negotiation
Do you want to work for a school whose innovation and passion for teaching has won a string of awards in its first year of opening? At a school which brings life to the motto ‘Inspiring Learning'?Where the learning experience of every child is at the heart of everything we do?
We are looking for an exceptional full time Head of MFL, with the ability to teach Spanish, who has the highest expectations of both themselves and the students they teach. If you provide high quality, innovative teaching with heaps of enthusiasm then we can offer you a modern, career advancing opportunity with the chance to work with other exceptional teachers.
We opened in September 2016 with 150 Y7 students and just 10 teachers! September 2019; we will be 720 students strong with over 40 teachers and near completion of an 18 month £4.2 million refurbishment project. Our Sixth Form opens in 2021.
In our first year alone we accumulated a haul of awards including the ‘EQ’ equalities award, the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award, a Pearson Teaching Awards Certificate of Excellence and more recently, Prince’s Teaching Institute Mark – an organisation that promotes education for all. In addition, we were delighted to be featured in the Parliamentary Review 2017, showcasing best practice in education nationwide.
As we continue to trailblaze our success, the future for Pinner High School is bright and exciting!
What you can offer:
- A good Spanish honors degree and QTS.
- A collaborative, innovative approach to lead and inspire.
- Lesson plans which excite and stretch all students.
- A shared passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
- A high expectation of self and others.
Reasons to work at Pinner High school:
- The opportunity to help shape KS4 Spanish & Mandarin GCSE to our first Y9 students.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including schools within the Trust across the Borough.
- Access to the Harrow Collegiate Teaching School Alliance.
- The opportunity to develop subject curriculum.
- The opportunity to contribute to extra-curricular activities as part of the ‘Heads Challenge’ scheme – our own Duke of Edinburgh style award.
- The opportunity to work with a supportive, collaborative leadership team, open to new ideas and policies to feed into the school’s growth and development.
- Room for progression.
If Pinner High School sounds like it is right for you:
- Download the application form, complete and email to: email@example.com
- Submit a personal statement explaining why you want to work with us and why you are the best person for the role.
- CV's strictly not accepted.
Pinner High School and Harrow Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.